THE COUNCIL OF HERITAGE MOTOR CLUBS (CHMC)
REPRESENTS HERITAGE, & HISTORIC & CLASSIC VEHICLE CLUBS THROUGHOUT ALL REGIONS OF N.S.W.
Heritage vehicles are not still here by accident, they survive because someone cared for them through time, or someone rescued them just in time.
Members of CHMC Clubs own, restore and preserve cars, trucks, motorbikes, buses and tractors that are over 30 years old, i.e. heritage, historic or classic vehicles.
Some of those vehicles are more than 100 years old, others are from the 1980s, some are rare, some are unique, most are everyday vehicles from our nation's past.
Their owners share one common purpose, to keep alive the sights and sounds of the vehicles, engines and machines that were an integral part of the automotive and transport history of Australia.
- CHMC Facebook connecting with 1,000s of enthusiasts
- $200,000 to preserve revolutionary race car
The Government has provided $200,000 to help the National Motor Museum purchase the Chamberlain 8 “Australian Special” race car through the National Cultural Heritage Account.
- NOTES OF MEETING BETWEEN RMS & CHMC
- “You can’t get full registration for a vehicle over 100 years old!” - relax, that's just gossip - Read the REAL STORY on our NEWS page
- 2018 CHMC ANNUAL RALLY - NARRABRI - the Council's 48th Annual Rally was another great "old style" Bush Council event. Photos see Gallery
- EVER WONDERED WHERE YOUR CLUB IS GOING ? Succession Planning Guide and Workbook for Historical Societies and Community Heritage Groups.
- RMS NOTICE 36 Q. Do all modified vehicles require engineering certification? A. Only vehicles with significant modifications require certification.
- RMS CHANGES POLICY ON LEFT-HAND DRIVE TO RIGHT-HAND DRIVE CONVERSIONS FOR HVS Vehicles
- RMS RETRACTS AIS NOTICE 35 re. ECS CERTIFICATES
- Issues affecting importation of heritage and historic vehicles -LUXURY CAR TAX & ASBESTOS IN IMPORTED VEHICLES
CHMC INVITES APPLICATIONS FOR A new COUNCIL SECRETARY
Council's Secretary Chris Hilbrick-Boyd is retiring after a very successful term in the role, so we are seeking someone from one of the CHMC Clubs to take up this important and much valued position.
This is a voluntary role but includes an honorarium.
Council's Secretary is supported by an Assistant Secretary and the CHMC Committee.
The role will commence after the General Meeting in October 2018.
For further details:
CHMC Vacancy Secretary .pdf
Size : 50.886 Kb
Type : pdf
LATEST CHMC "BUSH TELEGRAPH" NEWSLETTER #74 Sept-Oct 2018 NOW ONLINE
online version of the ever popular, VERY useful & updated
CHMC TRAVELLERS' PACK
with contacts for emergency assistance etc. when members of CHMC Clubs are travelling NSW, download from our Publications page.